- Valentine-Black Co. Ltd (Publisher) . Central Park showing Waddell Fountain and Knox Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Toronto: Copyrighted. Published by Valentine-Black Co. Ltd., Toronto, Canada, c1948.
- Description: Waddell Fountain, Central Park, Winnipeg. This fountain was installed to commemorate Emily Margaret Waddell. Mrs. Waddell died in 1908 and stipulated in her will that if her husband Thomas, a local temperance leader, remarried, he donate $10,000 to the City for construction of a fountain. Mr. Waddell, who did remarry, was able to raise the funds and in 1914 met his obligation.
- On Front: [Printer's no.] W33
- Postmark: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, 1948-08-27
- From: Mary
- To: Miss Jessie Acorn
- Address: 2046 W. 48th Ave., Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Message: "Fri. Aug. 27, Arrived here 5:00 A.M. leaving at noon. You should have seen the English people in the stores here, they were so thrilled. Should be home Sun. A.M. Hope your mother & you are well. Love Mary"
- Physical description: 1 postcard : col. ; 9 x 14 cm.
- Language: English
- Subject headings:
PC001942: "Central Park showing Waddell Fountain and Knox Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba" is licensed by University of Alberta Libraries under the Attribution - Non-Commercial - Creative Commons license. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/permissions/postcards.html.