- Grant (Photographer) . Calgary Peace Celebrations. [Calgary]: Grant, c1918.
- Description: Official celebration of the Armistice, November 11, 1918. The Kaiser and Crown Prince are being hung in effigy in front of City Hall. Although the "mask order" to prevent the spread of the Spanish influenza was still in force, only a few people in the crowd are wearing masks. This was part of the official celebration which began at 2 o'clock, which included a parade. At 8:30 bonfires were lit on the North Hill and the hill overlooking Elbow Park and the effigies were burned. Mayor Costello declared November 11 a half-day holiday so citizens could celebrate the peace.
- On Back: "Written in ms.: Hangings, Effigy, Calgary, Peace Celeb."
- Message: "This picture shows Big & Little Will hanging on the scaffold after the procession was over."
- Physical description: 1 postcard : b&w ; 9 x 14 cm.
- Language: English
- Subject headings:
PC006115: "Calgary Peace Celebrations" is licensed by University of Alberta Libraries under the Attribution - Non-Commercial - Creative Commons license. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/permissions/postcards.html.